Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.28
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.57
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $35.99
- AU $28.50Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.54
About this product
- DescriptionMother of two Elvira Kennedy is 35, and recently widowed. When she's fatally injured in a car accident her mother, Carole, is distraught and in mood to listen to a stranger - claiming to be her new boyfriend - who appears at Elvira's bedside, insisting she wanted to donate her organs. But there's a darker reason behind her resistance to consenting: a secret she's kept hidden for three decades. Something which, if it emerged, could shatter all their lives. Pressure mounts. Time is running out. Carole finally bows to Elvira's wishes. Grateful letters from recipients whose lives Elvira has saved bring their own brand of comfort, but then a poem written by a young man threatens the safeguards preserving everyone's anymity, with potentially devastating consequences. A moving story of love and loyalty which puts a human face on the subtle complexities of organ donation and transplantation, and the whole subject of medical ethics.
- Author BiographyHazel McHaffie has worked in clinical practice and academia, and brings both experiences together in her series of novels set in the world of medical ethics. She is the author of almost a hundred published articles and books. In 2002 she won the British Medical Association's Medical Book of the Year, and in 2008 she was shortlisted for the BMA Popular Medicine Award. 'Over My Dead Body' is her eighth published novel.
- PublisherVelvetEthics Press
- Date of Publication02/09/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLoanhead
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVelvetEthics Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width135 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.