All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn extraordinary collection of lullabyes written by leading Broadway composers, performed by Broadway singers on a CD bound into the book, the book is beautifully illustrated by a combination of well kwn book illustrators and Broadway designers whose work perfectly matches the warm and sensitive lullabyes composed specifically for this project. Kate Dawson is a writer, singer and actor with a background in musical theater. Jodi Glucksman is a producer, dramaturge, playwright and educator with experience in the music industry. Together they have assembled musical theatre composers, singers and designers as well as children's book illustrators, to donate their talents for a collection of previously unrecorded lullabies, accompanied by a book that pairs each song with original art by one of these award-winning artists. Inspired by the personal experience of losing loved ones to breast cancer, in tribute to survivors, and with hope for generations to come, they are contributing ALL proceeds from this endeavor to charities devoted to the search for a cure for breast cancer along with support and education for those who are suffering. Some of the many great talents involved with this project include: Composers: Scott Alan, Rupert Holmes, Tom Kitt, Henry Krieger with Bill Russell, Bobby Lopez with Kristen Anderson Lopez, Jill Santoriello with John Patrick Shanley, Stephen Schwartz, David Shire, and Nona Hendryx with Marva Hicks and Charles Randolph-Wright. Performers: Anastasia Barzee, Michael Cerveris, Victoria Clark, Raul Esparza, Sutton Foster, Brian D'Arcy James, Rebecca Luker, Kelli O'Hara, Donna Murphy, Anika Noni Rose and Vanessa Williams. Illustrators: R. Gregory Christie, Richard Egileski, Betsy Lewin, Anna Louizos, Marc Simont, Neil Waldman, Tony Walton, and Paul O. Zelinsky. And many others...The CD is produced by Grammy-minated Matt Pierson (Joshua Redman, k.d. lang, Jane Monheit, many more).
- PublisherEaston Studio Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEaston Studio Press
- Content NoteColor illustrations throughout
- Weight457 g
- Width280 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Foreword byJulie Andrews,Emma Walton Hamilton
- Contained items statementContains Hardback
- Reading AgeFrom P
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.