All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is September 2009, Ramadan and the eve of Afghanistan's first 'democratic' elections when young American Malone, pilot for an aid airline, does Fatima Hamza the favour of flying her out of Kabul to Bamiyan, while his surgeon wife Kim heads south to Kandahar. The beguiling, Oxford-educated Pashtun Fatima has left Pakistan to rediscover the country she comes from, she tells him, to retrace the places that were important to her spy-chief father, ex-military man and writer with a disturbing gift of prophecy. For both Kim and Malone, the foray into that dangerous territory is to become a prolonged adventure, their former lives receding as they lose touch with one ather and enter the world of the enemy. Each is to witness the horror of an air raid, and each is to come face-to-face with the Taliban. They will glimpse hell, but paradise, too, and be changed. In this powerful vel, Paul Pickering gives a human face to the conflict in Afghanistan, capturing the magical quality of a land and its people.
- Author BiographyPaul Pickering is the author of six novels: Over the Rainbow, Charlie Peace, The Blue Gate of Babylon, Perfect English, Wild About Harry and The Leopard's Wife. He lives in London, where he is a columnist for The Times.
- Author(s)Paul Pickering
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Out-of-print date09/10/2013
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.