All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHugh Lunn's wonderfully warm Cold War memoir has enthralled and entertained a whole generation of readers. His uniquely typical 1950s Australian family heads a east of unforgettable characters, as they wrestle love form original sin, and embark on many other thrilling over-the-top, under-the-shop adventures.
- Author(s)Hugh Lunn
- PublisherUniversity of Queensland Press
- Date of Publication12/03/1990
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleUQP nonfiction
- Place of PublicationSt Lucia
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintUniversity of Queensland Press
- Content Noteillustrations, plans
- Height230 mm
Most relevant reviews
- 140096236@delet...08 Feb, 2014by
A great read.
I just love Hugh Lunn's books. This one is the book featured on Ian McNamara's 'Australia All Over'. Anyone who grew up in the 1950's will relate to the Aussie language used, the way we had to make do & re-use, the food we ate, the rules at home & school. It's fun, should be compulsory reading in schools because it would appeal to high school age students who probably wouldn't believe what we grew up without & still managed to have a great life. This is the 4th copy I've bought - can't resist giving this book to friends & family.
- rick1947007 Feb, 2014by
Great Story this book also gives a strong look at life and the times for those years and now have all my family very interested ,so now all my Family members have started to reading the book now,....regards,,,,Rick..
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15