All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionPeople with eating disorders often exhibit serious misconceptions about their own body image. Overcoming Body Image Disturbance provides a treatment programme (piloted by the authors) for people with eating disorders who have a negative body image. The manual offers advice for therapists, enabling them to deliver the programme, as well as practical guidance for the sufferer, encouraging them to learn the appropriate skills to change their attitude towards their body. Alongside the programme, this treatment manual provides: * an introduction to the concept of body image and body image disturbance * worksheets and homework assignments for the client * recommendations of psychometric measures to aid assessment and evaluation * coverage on invative techniques and approaches such as mindfulness. This manual - intended to be used with close guidance from a therapist - will be essential for all therapists, mental health workers and counsellors working with clients who have negative body images. Workbook resources can be downloaded free of charge by purchasers of the print version.
- Author BiographyLorraine Bell is a Consultant Clinical Psychologist who specialises in the treatment of people with eating disorders or borderline personality disorders. She is a fellow of the British Psychological Society Jenny Rushforth is currently training to be a Clinical Psychologist and has a particular interest in body image disturbance in people with eating disorders.
- Author(s)Jenny Rushforth,Lorraine Bell
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/02/2008
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 18 black & white tables, 6 black & white line drawings
- Weight294 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.