All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPractical and easy to use self-help course Adapted from Derrick Silove and Vijaya Manicavasagar's classic title Overcoming Panic which is w recommended on the NHS 'Books on Prescription' self-help scheme, this new large format edition is available in three parts. Designed to run alongside the books, it places an emphasis on the more practical and interactive elements, with multiple worksheets and exercises to be completed on the page. Ideal for anyone to work through alone or with guided assistance, the new Overcoming Panic Self-Help Course is a complete, step-by-step treatment providing the necessary skills to overcome and prevent panic attacks and associated agoraphobia.
- Author BiographyVijaya Manicavasagar (Author) Vijaya is the author of Overcoming Panic and the Overcoming Panic and Agoraphobia Self-help Course, along with Derrick Silove. She is Senior Clinical Psychologist and Associate Professor at the Black Dog Institute, School of Psychiatry at the University of New South Wales in Australia. As the Director of Psychological Services at the Black Dog Institute, she's responsible for developing and implementing a range of education programs for training mental health professionals in the diagnosis and the use of CBT for anxiety and depressive disorders. She has specialized in the development of cognitive behaviour therapy programmes and co-authored several treatment manuals. Derrick Silove (Author) .Professor Silove is the author of Overcoming Panic and the Overcoming Panic and Agoraphobia Self-help Course, along with Vijaya Manicavasagar. He is a clinical psychiatrist and Director of the Centre for Population Mental Health Research and the Psychiatry Research and Teaching Unit at the School of Psychiatry, the University of New South Wales. He has worked for many years in the area of anxiety and traumatic stress, his main area of clinical work, research, service development and teaching.
- Author(s)Derrick Silove,Vijaya Manicavasagar
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleOvercoming: Three-Volume Courses
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobinson Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight502 g
- Width190 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains 3 Paperbacks
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.