All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis edition takes a look at the underlying causes of resisting cognitive-emotional-behavioral change and the methods used to overcome them. Written in present-action language, Ellis gives an overview of the basic principles of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy and Cognitive Behavior Therapy. He also includes changes in the field of psychotherapy during the last two decades. The content is expanded to integrate other therapies into REBT, including psychotherapy, solution-focused therapy, and recent findings of experimental psychology.
- Author BiographyAlbert Ellis, PhD, (1913-2007), is the founder and president of the Albert Ellis Institute in New York City. He received his MA and PhD degree in clinical psychology from Columbia University. and is a former Adjunct Professor of Psychology at Rutgers University and Pittsburgh State College, Dr. Ellis has also been Distinguished Professor of Psychology at the Professional School of Psychological Studies in San Diego. He served as Chief Psychologist of the New Jersey State Diagnostic Center and Chief Psychologist of the New Jersey Department of Institutions and Agencies. He has been a Consultant in Clinical Psychology to the New York City Board of Education and the Veterans Administration, and he has practiced psychotherapy, marriage and family counseling, as well as sex therapy, for almost 60 years. A Fellow of the American Psychological Association, Dr. Ellis has served as President of its Division of Consulting Psychology and as a member of its Council of Representatives. He is a Diplomate in Clinical Psychology of the American Board of Professional Psychology, and a Diplomate of the American Board of Psychotherapy. Dr. Ellis has published over 700 articles and 65 books, among them Reason and Emotion in Psychotherapy, A Guide to Rational Living, and The Practice of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (to be reissued with a new foreword by Raymond DiGiuseppe in 2007 by Springer Publishing Company). He has also served as Consulting or Associate Editor of many publications, including the Journal of Marriage and Family Therapy, the Journal of Contemporary Psychotherapy, Journal of Individual Psychology, Cognitive Therapy and Research, Psychological Reports, and The Journal of Rational-Emotive and Cognitive-Behavior Therapy.
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/07/2007
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight425 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byAlbert Ellis
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.