All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis mograph deals with the quantitative overconvergence phemen in complex approximation by various operators. The book is divided into three chapters. First, the results for the Schurer-Faber operator, Beta operators of first kind, Bernstein-Durrmeyer-type operators and Lorentz operator are presented. The main focus is on results for several q-Bernstein kind of operators with q > 1, when the geometric order of approximation 1/qn is obtained t only in complex compact disks but also in quaternion compact disks and in other compact subsets of the complex plane. The focus then shifts to quantitative overconvergence and convolution overconvergence results for the complex potentials generated by the Beta and Gamma Euler's functions. Finally quantitative overconvergence results for the most classical orthogonal expansions (of Chebyshev, Legendre, Hermite, Laguerre and Gegenbauer kinds) attached to vector-valued functions are presented. Each chapter concludes with a tes and open problems section, thus providing stimulation for further research. An extensive bibliography and index complete the text. This book is suitable for researchers and graduate students working in complex approximation and its applications, mathematical analysis and numerical analysis.
- Author(s)Sorin G. Gal
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication20/05/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight326 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.