Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book reveals the literary ways in which Ovid dealt with his exile. It develops the self-portrait of a masterful poet whose individualism seems to presage modernity, and shows how Ovid makes creative use of mythic figures in order to locate his own cultural identity. He creates a tableau of an upside-down world of exile, in which he does t reject Roman values, but lays claim to them on his own terms.
- Author BiographySimone Seibert, Georg-August-Universitat Gottingen.
- Author(s)Simone Seibert
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter
- Date of Publication17/11/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBeitrage Zur Altertumskunde
- Series Part/Volume Number335
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter
- Weight595 g
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.