All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf it had t been for Owain Glyndwr's 15-year struggle against overwhelming odds, the Welsh would t have survived as Europe's oldest nation. His war is the defining era in the history of Wales. Yet Glyndwr is hardly kwn - a cultured, literate warrior who was never betrayed or captured and vanished into history. No less than six separate invasions were beaten back by Glyndwr's army of volunteers before he disappeared, his family and children either dead or imprisoned for life. Not for Glyndwr the brutal public death of Braveheart, r a grave to desecrate - only an immortal legacy of hope and freedom. His war of independence led the way for the success of ather mab darogan (son of prophecy) seven decades later, when a Welsh army won at Bosworth Field and the Tudor dynasty was founded. This book tells us how Glyndwr came to stir Wales into war, and why his name still resonates today as one of the greatest warriors the world has ever seen.
- Author BiographyTerry Breverton is the author of twenty books of Welsh interest, five of which have been awarded 'Welsh Book of the Month' by the Welsh Books Council (more than any other author). He lives in Cowbridge in the Vale of Glamorgan.
- Author(s)Terry Breverton
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication14/11/2013
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note32
- Weight272 g
- Width124 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.