All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA board book edition of Martin Waddell and Patrick Benson's classic, reassuring tale of three loveable little owls home alone. A beautiful board book edition of a bestselling modern classic, this is the story of three baby owls, Sarah, Percy and Bill, who wake one night to find their mother gone. And as the darkness gathers and they perch patiently on their branch waiting for her return, oh how they worry! What are those scary ises all around them? What is mum doing? When will she be back? Never has the plight of young ones who miss their mum been so sensitively told or so beautifully rendered as in this tale from picture book masters, Patrick Benson and Martin Waddell.
- Author BiographyBorn in Belfast, Martin Waddell was an aspiring football player for many years, before turning his hand to writing. He is now widely regarded as one of the greatest living children's writers, and has over 220 published titles to his name. He is perhaps best known for Owl Babies, illustrated by Patrick Benson and Farmer Duck, illustrated by Helen Oxenbury; as well as the 1989 Kurt Maschler Award-winning The Park in the Dark and the Little Bear series, both illustrated by Barbara Firth. In 2004, Martin received the Hans Christian Andersen Medal for his lasting contribution to children's literature, the highest career recognition available to a writer or illustrator of children's books. He lives in Newcastle County Down, in Northern Ireland. Patrick Benson has won many awards for his work, including the Mother Goose Award, the Christopher Medal and the Kurt Maschler Award. He gained great acclaim for his illustrations in Owl Babies, which has sold over two million copies worldwide, and went on to illustrate The MinPins by Roald Dahl, The Little Boat by Kathy Henderson, The Sea-Thing Child by Russell Hoban and, most recently, Soon by Timothy Knapman. He lives in Hawick, Scotland.
- Author(s)Martin Waddell
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/2015
- FormatBoard book
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Weight226 g
- Width160 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Illustrator(s)Patrick Benson
- Interest AgeFrom 3
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.64Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $35.74Trending at AU $44.54
- AU $31.62Trending at AU $38.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.