Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.75Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by manyhills
- Est. delivery by 21 Dec
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHaske, a Navaho boy, is torn between the past of his people's rich, self-sustaining culture and a present that opens up new possibilities. His parents propel him in one direction, his grandfather in ather, his teacher in still ather. The boy has a secret wish, but its fulfillment seems beyond reach. At night he listens to the hoot of the owl in the cedar tree and wonders if good fortune or bad is in store. This beautifully written story finally supplies the answer.
- Author BiographyThe author, Natachee Scott Momaday, was born in Kentucky of French, Cherokee Indian, and English lineage. She spent much of her life teaching on Indian reservations. In 1968 the Press Women of New Mexico presented her the Zia Award as the outstanding woman writer of that state. Her famous family includes the Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist N. Scott Momaday.
- Author(s)N. Scott Momaday
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1992
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content NoteIllus
- Weight199 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $88.89
- AU $72.93Trending at AU $75.10
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.