Own Your Kitchen: Recipes to Inspire & Empower by Anne Burrell, Suzanne Lenzer (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.88+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionOwning your kitchen is about being in charge when you cook understanding how flavors work together, how to improvise with ingredients you have on hand, and, above all, how to feel confident and stress-free when making meals. In Own Your Kitchen, Anne Burrell gets you in that groove by sharing the recipes she makes when she's relaxed and cooking at home. Anne has designed these 100 recipes to get you comfortable with dozens of essential techniques like how to create a perfect omelet, how to butterfly a chicken for an easy roast, and how to bake a focaccia to doll up any meal. Along the way, she offers priceless tips: such as what can be made ahead (like her garlic-ginger-soy-citrus marinade that can be used with just about anything or a freezer staple like fish stock) or how to coax flavor out of a chicken with a garlic rubdown. More than anything, though, Own Your Kitchen will build your repertoire with impressive twists on classics like Carbonara Frittata, Olive Oil Poached Salmon, Grilled Hanger Steak with anchovy-butter sauce, and maybe best of all Hawaiian Pork Roast. Anne will walk you through her seasonal faves, like Zucchini Cannelloni, Wilted Romaine Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts (great crunch!), and Pumpkin-Ricotta Pancakes with Chunky Apple-Raisin Sauce. When at the farmer's market, you'll keep in mind her Spring Veggie Stew with bright asparagus and sugar snap peas (or, as Anne suggests, any combo of spring veg) and the super easy Crispy Crunchy Kale Chips. These are recipes that will work every time. And with Anne by your side, reminding you to set up, taste, season, check, and be patient, you'll also get in on the secrets (including tricks for bouncing back from mistakes) that she's picked up over the years in some of the best restaurant kitchens and from working with people trying to be better home cooks, just like you. So, get comfortable in your kitchen. You own it!
- Author BiographyAnne Burrell is the New York Times bestselling author of Cook Like a Rock Star. She was the host for many years of Food Network s Secrets of a Restaurant Chef and is co-host of Worst Cooks in America and host of Chef Wanted with Anne Burrell. A graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, Anne worked at Lidia Bastianich s Felidia and Peter Hoffman s Savoy and taught at the Institute of Culinary Education. She lives in New York City. Suzanne Lenzer is a food writer and stylist. Her most recent collaboration is Flavor Exposed with Angelo Sosa. She has worked closely with cookbook author Mark Bittman and her work appears regularly in various publications, including the New York Times. A graduate of the Institute of Culinary Education, she lives in New York City. www.FoodNetwork.com/Anne-Burrell
- Author(s)Anne Burrell,Suzanne Lenzer
- PublisherClarkson Potter Publishers
- Date of Publication15/10/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintClarkson Potter Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight975 g
- Width197 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $31.62
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $37.81
- AU $34.43Trending at AU $38.98
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.32
- AU $41.17Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $36.28Trending at AU $37.83
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $33.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.