All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the first full-length explanation in English of Heinsohn and Steiger's groundbreaking theory of money and interest, which emphasizes the role played by private property rights. Ownership ecomics gives an alternative explanation of money and interest, proposing that operations enabled by property lead to interest and money, rather than exchange of goods. Like any other approach, it has to answer ecomic theory's core question: what is the loss that has to be compensated by interest? Ownership ecomics accepts neither a temporary loss of goods, as in neoclassical ecomics, r Keynes's temporary loss of already existing, exogeus money as the cause of interest. Rather, money is created as a n-physical title to property in a credit contract secured by a debtor's collateral and the creditor's net worth. This book is an edited English translation of a highly successful German text, and offers the first book-length treatment of a theory which has received much interest since its first appearance in articles in the late 1970s.
- Author BiographyGunnar Heinsohn is Professor Emeritus at the University of Bremen, Germany. Otto Steiger, who passed away in 2008, was a Professor at the University of Bremen, Germany. Frank Decker is an economist based in Sydney, Australia.
- Author(s)Gunnar Heinsohn,Otto Steiger
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/10/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleRoutledge Frontiers of Political Economy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byFrank Decker
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.