All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionDisasters are difficult to manage for many reasons: the immediacy of the event, magnitude of the event, lack of evidence-based practices, and the limited usefulness of many developed protocols. Consequently, combining academic approaches with realistic and practical recommendations continues to be an underdeveloped aspect of disaster texts. The Oxford American Handbook of Disaster Medicine offers a functional blend of science with pragmatism. Approached from a real-world perspective, the handbook is a portable guide that provides sufficient scientific background to facilitate broader application and problem solving yet approach the topic in a prioritized fashion, supporting rapid understanding and utilization. Contributing authors are clinical and public health providers with disaster experience. This book encompasses the entire scope of disaster medicine from general concepts and fundamental principles to both manmade and natural threats.
- Author BiographyRobert A. Partridge, MD, MPH, FACEP, Department of Emergency Medicine, Emerson Hospital in Concord, Massachusetts; Department of Emergency Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital Lawrence Proano, MD, DTMH, FACEP, Department of Emergency Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital. David Marcozzi, MD, MHS-CL, FACEP, Office of the Assistant Secretary of Preparedness and Response, Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC. Alexander G. Garza, MD, MPH, Director of Military Programs, Department of Emergency Medicine, Washington Hospital Center, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC. Ira Nemeth, MD, FACEP, Assistant Professor and Director of EMS and Disaster Medicine,Baylor College of medicine, Houston, texas Kathryn Brinsfield, MD, MPH, Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine, Boston University Eric S. Weinstein, MD, Attending Physician, Carolinas Hospital System, Emergency Department, Florence, South Carolina.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleOxford American Handbooks in Medicine
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note15 b/w, 31 halftones
- Weight396 g
- Width103 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAlexander G. Garza,David Marcozzi,Eric S. Weinstein,Ira Nemeth,Kathryn Brinsfield,Lawrence Proano,Robert A. Partridge
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.