All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOxford Assess and Progress: Clinical Specialties is the ideal self-assessment tool for students looking to test their kwledge of the core clinical specialties. Fully cross-referenced to the ninth edition of the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Specialties, this compact volume contains hundreds of questions on a wide spectrum of conditions across the specialties. This new edition contains over 350 Single Best Answer and Extended Matching questions addressing core clinical topics and professional skills. Each answer is marked with a progression point to help the reader to track their progress and revise effectively. The authors offer detailed feedback on each question, directing the reader to relevant sections in the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Specialties and key evidence-based guidelines for further reading. The book also includes image-based questions. Written by practising clinicians and experts in medical assessment, this book is the ultimate revision resource for medical students in the fourth and fifth year, as well as any junior doctor looking to improve their kwledge of the core clinical specialties.
- Author BiographyDr Luci Etheridge is a Consultant Paediatrician and Senior Fellow in Clinical Leadership at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust in East London. She previously worked for four years with UCL Medical School and was involved with the development of Fitness to Practise assessments for the General Medical Council and item writing for the Professional and Linguistics Assessment Board Part 1 and the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health. She is currently completing a doctorate in education at the Institute of Education, University of London. Dr Alex Bonner is a Senior Anaesthetic Trainee in the North West Deanery. He is regularly involved in the teaching of medical students, foundation doctors and anaesthetic trainees preparing for their FRCA examinations. He is an instructor of Adult and Paediatric Advanced Life Support Courses and has experience of practising anaesthesia and teaching in Sub-Saharan Africa. He also has contributed to the development of Fitness to Practise assessments for the General Medical Council. Dr Katharine Boursicot is a Reader in Medical Education and Deputy Head of the Centre for Medical and Healthcare Education at St George's, University of London. Previously she was Head of Assessment at Barts and The London, and Associate Dean for Assessment at Cambridge University School of Clinical Medicine. She is consultant on assessment to several UK medical schools, Royal Medical Colleges and international institutions as well as the General Medical Council PLAB Part 2 Panel and Fitness to Practise clinical skills testing. Dr David Sales is a general practitioner by training who has been involved in medical assessment for over 20 years, having previously been convenor of the MRCGP knowledge test. He has run item writing workshops for a number of undergraduate medical schools, medical royal colleges and internationally. For the General Medical Council currently he chairs the Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board Part 1 panel and is their consultant on fitness to practise knowledge testing.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication24/01/2013
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleOxford Assess and Progress
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note2 line drawings and 57 colour half tones
- Weight218 g
- Width182 mm
- Height127 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byAlex Bonner,Luci Etheridge
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.