All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOxford Case Histories in Oncology contains 30 well-structured cases from clinical practice, giving a comprehensive coverage of the diagstic and management dilemmas in oncology. The cases cover a wide spectrum of oncology including rare presentations and clinical problems of common cancers. Each case comprises a brief clinical history with relevant clinical examination findings. Questions are based on clinical investigations and aspects of management. Detailed answers are based on the best available evidence from the latest research, systematic reviews, meta-analysis and guidelines from national and international academic bodies. The text is complimented by over 50 illustrations, including radiographic images and radiotherapy treatment plans. The format of this book is thought provoking, and it helps to improve critical thinking and interpretative skills. It is a perfect self-assessment tool for oncology and palliative medicine trainees and consultants, and will be useful for those preparing for exit examinations in oncology. It will also be of interest to n-specialist readers who wish to improve their skills in the diagsis and management of a broad range of cancers.
- Author BiographyDr Thankamma V Ajithkumar MD, FRCP, FRCR, MBA is at present a Consultant Clinical Oncologist at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. Previous to that he was a Consultant Clinical Oncologist at the Bristol Haematology & Oncology Centre, and a Specialist Registrar in Clinical Oncology at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge. He has also lectured in clinical oncology at the Regional Cancer Centre in Kerala, India, and was employed as Assistant Professor there. Dr Adrian Harnett MRCP, FRCP, is at present a Consultant Clinical Oncologist at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, having previously been a Consultant Clinical Oncologist at the Beatson Oncology Centre, Glasgow. He is very involved in teaching, having served on various committees of the Royal College of Radiologists for many years and at present is an examiner for the final part of the FRCR. Tom Roques trained as a clinical oncologist in London and Vancouver. He has been a consultant in Norwich since 2004 and Clinical Director there since 2009. He specializes in head and neck and thyroid cancers and has particular interests in technical radiotherapy and in doctor-patient communication.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication27/02/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Case Histories
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note8 page colour plate section
- Weight572 g
- Width166 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAdrian N. Harnett,Thankamma V. Ajithkumar,Tom Roques
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.