All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVolume 3 contains 3,000 new words and meanings from around the English-speaking world, including the UK (council tax, Estuary English), North America (affluential, bully pulpit, road-kill), the Caribbean (meri, zouk), Australia (amphometer, beardie), New Zealand (Labour weekend, mokopuna), India (garam masala), the Pacific (arjun), and South Africa (kalkoentjie, Malanite). Subjects covered include politics (linkage, Citizen's Charter), education (National Curriculum), cookery (ciabatta, Quorn), broadcasting (bi-media), literary criticism (post-structuralism), music (bhangra, swingbeat, tech), and sport (basho, clean and jerk, matchup). This volume also features a higher number of entries in scientific fields, including medicine (lentivirus), genetics (antisense), ecology (biodiversity), astromy (dark matter), chemistry (Orimulsion), and computing (freeware, cyberspace). Please te, this volume is printed with a board cover, and does t include a dust jacket.
- Author BiographyMichael Proffitt is an Associate Editor of the Oxford English Dictionary (Second Edition).
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication24/07/1997
- SubjectDictionaries (single language)
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight722 g
- Width166 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byJ. A. H. Murray,Michael Proffitt
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.