All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionTwo titles from the bestselling Oxford Handbook series are w available in this great value pack. Fully revised to reflect the new changes to the GP contract and the GP curriculum, this fourth edition of the best-selling Oxford Handbook of General Practice is a practical guide to all aspects of general practice; from vital clinical information, to valuable practical guidance from experienced GPs. This is the essential guide for all those working in general practice. Comprehensively covering everything a doctor needs to work in, or manage a GP practice, this handbook ensures readers are always up-to-date with the latest guidelines, the most recent protocols, and cutting-edge clinical information. With concise, bullet-point information the chapters are w colour-coded to ensure the reader can find vital emergency or clinical information without delay. Fully illustrated, and packed with even more figures, diagrams, management boxes, and tables to improve ease-of-reference, the reader will always have the vital information they need at their fingertips. Fully revised for this second edition, the Oxford Handbook of Occupational Health provides a concise practice-based guide. Bringing together the latest legislation and guidance with current practice in the field, this is your authoritative guide to assessing and managing health risks in the workplace. Consisting of twelve sections covering the full breadth of practice, the Handbook includes workplace hazards and diseases, occupational health emergencies, and practical procedures. This second edition is also updated with new information on psychiatric emergencies, psychological therapies, chronic pain management, writing a policy, and obesity. Providing a thorough, easy-to-use guide to the whole of occupational health, this Handbook is the essential resource for all occupational physicians, occupational health nurses, occupational hygienists, and all those dealing with workplace health and fitness, giving you the information you need at your fingertips.
- Author BiographyChantal Simon is a General Practitioner at Banks and Bearwood Medical Practice, Bournemouth, Dorset, UK and the Executive Editor of InnovAiT. Hazel Everitt is a Clinical Lecturer in Primary Care at Southampton University, UK Francoise van Dorp is a General Practitioner in Brentford, Essex, UK. Having studied at Grenoble University, St. John's College, Cambridge, and St. Edmund Hall, Oxford, she has worked as a General Practitioner Registrar across a range of specialties, including palliative care, acute general psychiatry and paediatrics. Matt Burkes is a GP Registrar at Flansham Park Health Centre, Bognor Regis, UK. Prior to moving into General Practice he was a Research Fellow at the School of Psychology, University of Reading. He has a wide range of clinical interest, including paediatrics, psychiatry dermatology, minor surgery and joint injection. After completing her undergraduate training at Nottingham University Medical School, Julia Smedley subsequently spent several years in hospital medical specialties before embarking on higher specialist training in occupational medicine (a joint clinical/academic post at Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust and the Medical Research Council Environmental Epidemiology Unit, University of Southampton). She is currently the head of a large NHS occupational health department that also provides services to a range of local and global industries. Whilst she is primarily a practical clinician and service director, she has always maintained a strong interest in research and evidence-based practice in occupational medicine. Finlay Dick is Senior Occupational Physician with Capita Health and Wellbeing - Energy in Aberdeen and an Honorary Senior Lecturer in Occupational Medicine at Aberdeen University. He has worked in occupational medicine for 20 years in a number of sectors including the oil industry, shipping, local authority, and healthcare sectors. Steve Sadhra has published over 50 book chapters, international reports and peer-reviewed publications in the field of Occupational Health. He has over 15 years experience in teaching occupational physicians, nurses and occupational hygienists and engineers and currently undertakes National and International Consultancy work in occupational health for over 30 organisations throughout the UK.
- Author(s)Chantal Simon,Francoise van Dorp,Hazel Everitt
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication03/03/2016
- FormatMultiple copy pack
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleOxford Medical Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2016
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date31/08/2016
- Weight1050 g
- Width103 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine66 mm
- Edited byFinlay Dick,Julia Smedley,Steven S. Sadhra
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.