All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFully updated, the Oxford Handbook of Nutrition and Dietetics, second edition is a practical quick-reference guide to the vital and valued subject of nutrition in the prevention and treatment of disease and the maintenance of good health. This handbook will be an invaluable companion for all dieticians, nutritionists, and nurses, as well as doctors and students in a variety of specialities. Concise and bulleted, this handbook takes an integrated approach which facilitates the links between all aspects of nutrition and dietetics. Including nutritional science and based on clinical evidence, it covers everything you will need to be able to carry out your role effectively and confidently. Sections on obesity and a new chapter on international nutrition are timely and topical. Also included is information on nutrition assessment, popular diets, nutrition in systems-based diseases, rarer conditions, as well as helpful lists of foods rich in or free from certain nutrients, and rmal range guides and handy reference values. This handbook makes sure the relevant information is at your fingertips whenever you need it, with links to further reading and online sources.
- Author BiographyDr Joan Gandy is a Registered Dietitian and a Registered Nutritionist (UK Nutrition Society) who has worked as a dietitian in a variety of setting. She studied for her PhD while working at the MRC's Clinical Research Centre. She worked at Oxford Brookes University as a Senior Research Fellow and helped set up a MSc Public Nutrition (Nutrition) at Westminster University before becoming a Reader in Nutrition. Until recently she was the Editor of the Journal of Human Nutrition & Dietetics and Research Officer for the British Dietetic Association's. She is currently works a free-lance dietetic and nutrition consultant. Dr Angela Madden is a Registered Dietitian. She graduated from the University of Surrey and worked as a clinical dietitian in the NHS for 11 years before becoming a Research Fellow at the Royal Free Hospital. She was awarded her PhD for her thesis entitled Nutritional Status and Body Composition in Patients with Chronic Liver Disease. She has continued her career as a lecturer at London Metropolitan University and more recently at the University of Hertfordshire where she leads a team of dietitians and nutritionists involved in teaching and research. Dr Michelle Holdsworth is a Registered Public Health Nutritionist (UK Nutrition Society) and a Registered Dietitian. After working in various hospital and community dietetics posts in the NHS in the UK, she developed research interests in evaluating the effectiveness of community nutrition projects and went on to study for a PhD in Public Health Nutrition at the University of Leicester. Since then she has pursued a career in academic public health nutrition, working for 4 years at the University of Nottingham, as Lecturer/Associate Professor and for 7 years in Montpellier, France conducting research, teaching and capacity building work in Public Health Nutrition in the Nutrition Unit of the government funded research institute for development- IRD. In 2011, she was appointed to her current post as Senior Lecturer in the Public Health section of ScHARR at the University of Sheffield.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication22/12/2011
- FormatPart-work (fasc�lo)
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleOxford Medical Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note31 black-and-white line drawings
- Weight417 g
- Width103 mm
- Height183 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byAngela Madden,Joan Webster-Gandy,Michelle Holdsworth
- Format DetailsPlastic
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.