All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow fully revised and updated with the latest guidelines, this new edition of the Oxford Handbook of Paediatrics is a compact guide to all aspects of acute and chronic paediatrics. The handbook's team of specialist contributors and editors have successfully condensed many years of clinical experience into a pocket-sized compendium of clinical problems and treatment options. Taking a child-centred approach to the subject, the authors have provided comprehensive coverage of areas such as neonatology, surgery, genetics and congenital malformations, and child protection in a user-friendly and succinct style. Sections are also devoted to covering the treatment of children in the community, and the psychological effects of illness on both the child and their family. All chapters have been updated for this new edition, with completely overhauled chapters on neurology and respiratory medicine, the latest management guidelines on inherited metabolic disease, further information on medical and research ethics, and enhanced usage of diagstic and treatment algorithms. With practical advice and space for personalized tes, this handbook will be invaluable to all those involved in the care of the younger patient.
- Author BiographyAfter undergraduate studies in Cambridge University Robert Tasker undertook his graduate medical education in London and higher professional specialist training at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, and The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, USA. His first Hospital Consultant post was in Paediatric Respiratory Medicine and Intensive Care at Great Ormond Street. After 7 years he moved back to Cambridge where he is now University Senior Lecturer in Paediatrics and Honorary Consultant Paediatrician specialising in Intensive Care. For the last 9 years he has directed undergraduate education in paediatrics at the Cambridge University Clinical School, and more recently he has been extensively involved in developing a new undergraduate curriculum and examination in Paediatrics. He is Director of Medical Studies for undergraduates at Selwyn College, Cambridge. He is educational supervisor for higher professional trainees in Paediatrics in his Department. After studying medicine at the University of Leeds Rob McClure trained both as a Paediatrician and then a Neonatologist at various centres including Leeds, Liverpool, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children in London, and in both Perth and Sydney in Australia. His first consultant post was in Neonatal Medicine at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, where he also ran the Paediatric Gastroenterology service for several years. After 6 years he moved to St John of God Hospital in Perth, Australia where he is currently Head of the Neonatal Department. He is a clinician and clinical researcher into Neonatal Nutrition. Dr Carlo Acerini studied pharmacology (BSc Hons, 1984) and medicine (MBChB, 1988) at the University of Dundee, Scotland. After postgraduate training in paediatric medicine in the West of Scotland, he trained and undertook research in paediatric endocrinology and diabetes at the University of Oxford and at the University of Cambridge. Dr Acerini is currently University Senior Lecturer at the University of Cambridge and a Consultant Paediatrician (Endocrinology & Diabetes) at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge. His research interests are in Type 1 diabetes and endocrinology in children and adolescents.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- FormatPart-work (fasc�lo)
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Medical Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note41 black and white line drawings and 7 black and white halftones
- Weight550 g
- Width103 mm
- Height179 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edited byCarlo L. Acerini,Robert C. Tasker,Robert J. McClure
- Format DetailsPlastic
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.