All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOxford International Primary Science takes an enquiry-based approach to learning, engaging students in the topics through asking questions that make them think and activities that encourage them to explore and practise. As students progress through the course, they t only learn about science but how to think like a scientist. They learn the language of scientific enquiry, for example the meaning of observe and predict in a scientific context, as well as the important key words for talking about a topic. The topics are explored in careful stages, introducing different aspects at a pace that allows students to absorb and practise what they have learned. Photos, illustrations and diagrams are used to help students explore and understand, and the language is clear and easy for primary children to understand. For the teacher, the Teacher's Guides provide step-by-step tes for each lesson, guiding students through the topic, and supporting students with their language development when needed.
- Author BiographyLead author Terry Hudson is an author and science teacher with over 20 years' experience in the classroom. In addition to teaching and writing a number of materials for Collins, Letts and OUP, he is also is the Regional Executive Director of the Teach First Initiative in Yorkshire and Humber. Alan Haigh has over 30 years of teaching experience. His particular strengths are in primary classroom practice and primary Science teaching, and he is the author of 'The Art of Creative Teaching; Primary Science, Big Ideas and Simple Rules' (Pearson Longman 2010) Debbie Roberts has worked as a Science teacher for the past 7 years in schools with a high percentage of EAL learners. She has written several schemes of learning for key stage 2 and 3 and is currently working with the regional science learning centre as a consultant tutor. Geraldine Shaw has a degree in science education and has spent several years working with young people to foster an enthusiasm for science through teaching and
- Author(s)Alan Haigh,Deborah Roberts,Geraldine Shaw
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication25/04/2014
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteColour
- Weight408 g
- Width211 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Series Edited byTerry Hudson
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.