All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Workplace Skills Builder seamlessly incorporates visuals, exercises, and downloadable activities from the internet to create a unique learning experience. The vocabulary introduced in this version of the Oxford Picture Dictionary begins with the general workplace and continues on to cover hospitality, food service, retail, healthcare, office, manufacturing, construction, and agricultural settings. Workplace vocabulary is presented in clear, vibrant, illustrations that meet the needs of today's language learner. These richly contextualized images will improve vocabulary acquisition. Practice activities allow students to put the words immediately to use, while personalization exercises will encourage them to apply the vocabulary to their work lives, making the new words relevant. The web address for online activities appears right on the page, making it easy to find audio files and encourage independent practice outside the classroom. Since audio and videos are downloadable, students can use them to study anytime, anywhere.
- Author BiographyJayme Adelson-Goldstein is an ESL teacher-trainer, consultant, and author living in Northridge, California. After starting to work with adult ESL, ESP, and VESL students in the 1980s, Jayme went on to teach the adult ESL methodology courses at UCLA Education Extension for many years. She is currently specializing in professional development for the adult division of Los Angeles Unified School District and is helping to develop mentor programs for CAL PRO (the adult education professional development program funded by the California Department of Education). As an ESL consultant, Jayme conducts teacher-training workshops on topics such as vocabulary development, focused listening, co-operative learning, and multi-level instruction across the US and Canada. The late Norma Shapiro was involved with second language teaching since 1982. She conducted many workshops on vocabulary development, communicative activities, and using visuals in the classroom. She instructed teachers on how to draw language concepts for the ESL classroom. As a training facilitator for the ESL Teacher Institute in California, and a language trainer of teachers for the Peace Corps and Chalk Talk Workshops, she travelled to many regions outside of the United States.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication24/07/2014
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight529 g
- Width217 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Other
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.49
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $51.16
- AU $18.18Trending at AU $21.90
- AU $26.11Trending at AU $28.13
- AU $35.56Trending at AU $40.78
- AU $30.44Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $17.41Trending at AU $22.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.