All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the bitter cold of an unrelenting winter Tomas and his son, Peter, arrive in Chust and despite the inhospitability of the villagers settle there as woodcutters. Tomas digs a channel of fast-flowing waters around their hut so they have their own little island kingdom. Peter doesn't understand why his father has done this, r why his father carries a long battered box everywhere they go, and why he is forbidden to kw its contents. But when a band of gypsies comes to the village Peter's drab existence is turned upside down. He is infatuated by the beautiful gypsy princess, Sofia, intoxicated by their love of life and drawn into their deadly quest. For Chust is a dying community - where the dead come back to wreak revenge on the living. Amidst the terrifying events that follow, Peter is stunned to see his father change from a disillusioned man to the warrior hero he once was.
- Author(s)Adrian Flynn
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication16/10/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteB/W
- Weight216 g
- Width169 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.