All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAxial Spondyloarthritis is a timely addition to the Oxford Textbooks in Rheumatology series, providing a comprehensive reference to this rapidly evolving field. The conceptual framework of the disease has w evolved beyond ankylosing spondylitis to encompass a broader concept of axial inflammation. Earlier recognition has opened the door to earlier intervention, and the understanding of the biologic basis of axial SpA has seen significant advances in recent years. The first textbook to cover axial spondyloarthritis in this level of detail from a global perspective, this volume offers a practical and complete resource compiled by a multidisciplinary and multinational team of experts. Beginning with a historical perspective on the disease, the textbook provides a comprehensive background in the epidemiology, diagsis, and classification of axial spondyloarthritis. Immune mechanisms and genetics are covered, along with imaging and a detailed section on the range of treatments options currently available. A section on extra-articular manifestations provides a comprehensive kwledge base for the clinician treating patients with spondyloarthritis, and chapters on the ecomics of the disease, physical functioning, and patient registries complete the broad coverage of the topic. Practical, easy to use, yet detailed with respect to pathophysiology, diagstics, and management, this textbook provides a comprehensive reference for rheumatologists, general practitioners, internists, and paediatricians managing patients with axial spondyloarthritis.
- Author BiographyRobert D. Inman completed his undergraduate degree at Yale University, and his medical degree at McMaster University. He did his training in Internal Medicine at Vanderbilt University and his fellowship in Rheumatology at Cornell University, based at the Hospital for Special Surgery. He worked as a research fellow at the Hammersmith Hospital in London, then was appointed Assistant Professor of Medicine at Cornell University. He moved to the University of Toronto where he was appointed Professor in the Departments of Medicine and Immunology. He was Director of Rheumatology at the University of Toronto 1991-2002. Dr Inman is currently Director of the Arthritis Center of Excellence at the University Health Network, Director of the Spondylitis Program at Toronto Western Hospital, and Deputy Physician in Chief, Research at University Health Network. Joachim Sieper is Head of the Department of Rheumatology at the Charite University Hospital, Berlin, Germany. Prof. Sieper was a Full member of the Medicines Commission 2002-2010, and has been an Extraordinary member of the Drug Commission since 2011.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication18/08/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight1072 g
- Width227 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJoachim Sieper,Robert Inman
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.