All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe Oxford Textbook of Fundamentals of Surgery provides a solid foundation of the kwledge and basic science needed to hone all of the core surgical skills used in surgical settings. Presented in a clear and accessible way, the Oxford Textbook of Fundamentals of Surgery addresses the cross-specialty aspects of surgery applicable to all trainees. With an emphasis on practical application and international best practice, it will support you to confidently deliver the highest possible surgical outcomes. This authoritative learning and reference tool is richly illustrated throughout, with step by step guides for skills such as stitching and tying kts. The topics discussed range from anatomy to radiology, and cover the basic surgical skills needed to manage wounds and haemostasis. Evidence-based approaches to the management of a range of surgical situations, such as major trauma, transplantation, and the dying patient, will help you to overcome tough clinical challenges and improve patient outcomes. The Oxford Textbook of Fundamentals of Surgery comes with a year's access to the online version on Oxford Medicine Online. By activating your unique access code, you can find answers quickly by searching the full text, as well as antate, bookmark, and download important information.
- Author BiographyMr William E. G. Thomas is Consultant Surgeon Emeritus and former Clinical Director of Surgery at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals Trust having been appointed in 1986. Mr Thomas have also held the posts of Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer in Surgery, University of Sheffield and past Member of Council and Senior Vice President, of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and past Dean of the Academy of Education of the International Society of Surgery. Mr Thomas was a member of the Founding Council of the Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management, and Founder and Executive Board Member of the International Collaboration for Essential Surgery (ICES). Mr Malcolm Reed is a Professor of Surgical Oncology and an Honorary Consultant at Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield. He then underwent surgical training in Birmingham, Derby and Bristol before moving to the University of Louisville in the United States to undertake a research MD. He returned to Sheffield and undertook higher surgical training before becoming appointed a Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant Surgeon at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital in 1992. He was then appointed to the Foundation Chair in Surgical Oncology at the University of Sheffield in 2000. Subsequent roles included Head of Academic Surgery and Head of the University Department of Oncology. He was appointed Dean of Brighton and Sussex Medical School in 2014 and is currently a member of the Medical Schools Council and an external examiner for the final year medical school exams at the University of Leeds. He has previous held external examinerships at UCL, the University of Nottingham and the University of Kuwait. Mr Michael Wyatt is an NHS Consultant with a major interest in treating complex thoracic and abdominal aortic disease, using both open and stent graft technologies. Having qualified from Newcastle University, he trained in surgery in Bristol, Plymouth, Exeter and London. Mr Wyatt presents and publishes widely on all aspects of vascular disease, and is the President-Elect of the Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland (President, 2015-6). His other external responsibilities are as Treasurer of the British Journal of Surgery Society, Clinical Editor of Surgery, Vice Chair of the Ethics Committee, Chair of the General Surgical Training Committee, Vice Chair of the Vascular Surgery Clinical Reference Group and Chairman of the Society of International Vascular Surgeons. He runs a busy tertiary referral vascular practice at the Freeman Hospital, where he receives referrals from all over the country.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleOxford Textbooks in Surgery
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight2244 g
- Width229 mm
- Height283 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byMalcolm W. R. Reed,Michael G. Wyatt,William E. G. Thomas
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.