All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Oxford Textbook of Medicine: Cardiovascular Disorders is selected from the cardiology section of the rewned Oxford Textbook of Medicine. An authoritative resource on heart disease and beautifully illustrated in full colour, it is an essential guide to best practice in managing and preventing a wide variety of cardiovascular disorders. Chapters on arrhythmias, acute coronary syndromes and cardiac surgery have been completely revised and updated, together with new chapters on blood vessels and the endothelium, cardiac physiology, syncope and palpitations, and cardio-renal syndrome. Heart failure and heart disease in pregnancy are thoroughly treated, while imaging chapters evaluate the latest techniques and illustrate all clinical features with detailed images. In 46 finely crafted chapters with clear essentials, experts in cardiovascular disease review the essentials of diagsis, guidelines and practice and provide a wealth of practical advice for use in clinical situations. In addition, background information on epidemiology, pathogenesis and pathophysiology encourages a fuller understanding of conditions, and more than 350 full colour images help with diagsis. This essential reference tool supports all medical professionals seeking a general outline of treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disorders, and fills the gap between undergraduate teaching texts and specialist texts for cardiologists. Cardiologists and general physicians will find it immensely valuable when diagsing and managing heart disease in their day-to-day practice. It is also of usefor trainees in cardiology and general medicine, especiallythose interested in applied cardiovascular pathophysiology.
- Author BiographyProfessor David Warrell is one of the world's leading figures in tropical medicine, and is the founding director of the Centre for Tropical Medicine and Wellcome Trust-Mahidol University Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Programme, Thailand. He has advised, among others, the British Army, the Foreign Office, the Royal Geographic Society and the World Health Organisation, on tropical medicine. Professor Cox is Professor of Medicine at the University of Cambridge, with clinical responsibility in acute internal medicine and metabolic diseases at Addenbrooke's Hospital. He qualified in medicine in 1971 and has conducted scientific investigations principally on inborn errors of metabolism. Dr Firth is a deputy medical directors of Cambridge University Hospitals. He qualified in medicine from University of Cambridge (pre-clinical) and University of Oxford (clinical), trained in general medicine and nephrology in London and Oxford, and first worked as a consultant (supported by the Wellcome Trust) in Oxford before moving to Cambridge as an NHS consultant physician in 1996. He is a Council member and Trustee of the Royal College of Physicians. Consultant Cardiologist and Senior Lecturer John Radcliffe Hospital Oxford. Clinical Lecturer Keble college Oxford. Subspecialty interests: Heart Failure and pulmonary hypertension. Thames Valley Network Lead for Heart failure. Previously: Consultant Cardiologist North Bristol Trust 1994 - 2001. BHF research Fellow 1989 -1992 Oxford.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication21/07/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight1666 g
- Width221 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byDavid Warrell,Jeremy Dwight,John D. Firth,Timothy Cox
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.