All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe field of movement disorders is one of the key subspecialty areas in clinical neurology, and understanding of the relevant conditions can often be difficult. The scope of this area requires a wide kwledge base, and clinicians might, in the course of a single clinic, need to recall the differential of Huntington's-like disorders, the gene implicated in dopa-responsive dystonia, and compare a case of suspected neuroacanthocytosis with a 'classical' case. Part of the accessible Oxford Textbooks in Clinical Neurology series, this volume covers the basic science and clinical concepts underlying the movement disorders, as well as the diagsis and treatment of individual hypokinetic and hyperkinetic movement disorders. Specifically written to aid understanding and treatment of a wide range of movement disorders, this textbook includes a useful section covering miscellaneous causes of disordered movement, which are routinely encountered by neurologists. It is also supplemented with illustrative video clips that can be accessed through the concurrent online edition. Although firmly rooted in evidence-based management approaches, the authors included their own top tips and experience on the management of difficult cases where current guidance exists, engaging the reader and providing a better feel for handling real-world clinical problems. The Oxford Textbook of Movement Disorders is an indispensable reference for neurologists and senior trainees in neurology, as well as any physicians advising people with movement disorders.
- Author BiographyDavid Burn is Professor of Movement Disorder Neurology at the Clinical Ageing Research Unit, Newcastle University, Campus for Ageing and Vitality, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Textbooks in Clinical Neurology
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Notenumerous illustrations and photographs
- Weight1094 g
- Width227 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byDavid Burn
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.