All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince its humble beginnings as a ford for oxen across the river Thames in the tenth century, Oxford has been an inspiration to generations of writers and thinkers, who have admired its 'dreaming spires' (Matthew Arld), or warned of its excesses, as did Anthony Trollope: 'Oxford is the most dangerous place to which a young man can be sent'. This compact gift book is packed full of witty, scandalous and entertaining quotations about this famous city from the Middle Ages to the current decade.
- Author BiographyViolet Moller is a freelance writer and researcher with a PhD in early modern libraries and knowledge. She is the co-author of The Curious World of Dickens.
- PublisherThe Bodleian Library
- Date of Publication08/08/2014
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Series TitleIn Quotations
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Bodleian Library
- Weight666 g
- Width88 mm
- Height115 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.