All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith contributions that review research on this topic throughout the world, Oxidative Damage to Plants covers key areas of discovery, from the generation of reactive oxygen species (ROSs), their mechanisms, quenching of these ROSs through enzymatic and n-enzymatic antioxidants, and detailed aspects of such antioxidants as SOD and CAT. Environmental stress is responsible for the generation of oxidative stress, which causes oxidative damage to biomolecules and hence reduces crop yield. To cope up with these problems, scientists have to fully understand the generation of reactive oxygen species, its impact on plants and how plants will be able to withstand these stresses. It provides invaluable information about the role of antioxidants in alleviating oxidative stress. It examines both the negative effects (senescence, impaired photosynthesis and necrosis) and positive effects (crucial role that superoxide plays against invading microbes) of ROS on plants. It features contributors from a variety of regions globally.
- Author BiographyDr. Parvaiz Ahmad is the Senior Assistant Professor in Department of Botany at Sri Pratap College, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India. He completed his postgraduate education in Botany in 2000 at Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, India. After receiving a Doctorate degree from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi, India, he joined the International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, New Delhi, in 2007. His main research area is Stress Physiology and Molecular Biology. He has published more than 35 research papers in peer-reviewed journals and 29 book chapters. He is also an Editor of 12 volumes (1 with Studium Press Pvt. India Ltd., New Delhi, India, 8 with Springer NY USA and 3 with Elsevier). He is a recipient of the Junior Research Fellowship and Senior Research Fellowship by CSIR, New Delhi, India. Dr. Parvaiz has been awarded the Young Scientist Award under the Fast Track scheme in 2007 by the Department of Science and Technology, of the Government of India. Dr. Parvaiz is actively engaged in studying the molecular and physio-biochemical responses of different agricultural and horticultural plants under environmental stress.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight1202 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byParvaiz Ahmad
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.