Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionOz Clarke's atlas shows where, why and how vines are grown and wines are produced around the world. It illustrates and explains the vital connection between the land, the winemaker and his wine and shows how the landscape, as well as the skills of the winemaker, contribute to the extraordinary range of flavours found. Originally published in 1995, this new edition has been completely revised and updated with Oz Clarke's latest opinions about the world of wine. New and updated maps and colour photography detail the development of countries such as Chile, Argentina and Uruguay, for example, which have shot to prominence since the first edition. Section 1, The World of Wine, puts the wine regions in a global context, thematic maps examine the underlying factors that shape the landscape of wine and the factors that make up a terroir are examined in detail. Section 2, The Wines and Wine Regions of the World, is the core of the atlas. The 3-D maps of the world's most important and up-and-coming vineyard areas are accompanied by detailed key maps giving information on wine areas, classification systems, leading wine villages and top chateaux.
- Author BiographyOz Clarke is one of the world's leading wine experts whose formidable reputation is based on his extensive wine knowledge and accessible, no-nonsense approach. Acknowledged as having one of the finest palates of anyone writing about wine today, he brings a refreshingly unorthodox wit and directness to the subject. Oz's BBC TV appearances, most notably on Food and Drink, are broadcast around the world. He has won all the major wine writing awards both in the UK and the USA, including the Glenfiddich (three times), Andr? Simon, Wine Guild (three times), James Beard, Julia Child and Lanson (five times) awards. In 1999 he won the Lanson Special Millennium Award for his outstanding contribution to wine communication and education. In 2001 he was the keynote speaker at the Boston Wine Expo, the world's largest consumer wine event, as well as the keynote speaker at both the Wine Experience in New York and the California Wine Experience in San Francisco. Oz is the author of several bestselling wine books: Oz Clarke's New Essential Wine Book (with over 250,000 copies in print), Oz Clarke's Wine Buying Guide (Britain's most influential consumer wine guide, now in its 19th edition), Oz Clarke's New Classic Wines (which scooped all the major wine book prizes of 1991) and his Pocket Wine Book (first published in 1992, revised annually and now in its 11th year with over 1,000,000 copies in print). This is now also available as an eBook. 1995 saw the publication of Oz Clarke's Wine Atlas, the first large-format atlas to portray the world's major vineyards with accurate aerial-perspective, panoramic maps - there are now editions in 10 languages (with over 300,000 copies in print). A new edition, completely revised and comprehensively updated, is published in November 2002. In 1998 Oz joined forces with Steven Spurrier to create Clarke & Spurrier's Fine Wine Guide, an exciting collaboration between two respected authors which provides the ultimate ready-reference to the world's best wines. A second edition, published in 2001, is now available. In 1999 he produced Oz Clarke's Encyclopedia of Wine, beautifully illustrated with a truly vast amount of up-to-date wine information. Introducing Wine: a complete guide for the modern wine drinker was published in 2000 and has been translated into 9 languages. October 2001 saw the launch of Grapes & Wines: a comprehensive guide to varieties and flavours. Co-authored with award-winning wine writer Margaret Rand, it is the definitive new guide to the world's great grapes and the wines they make and winner of the 2002 Lanson Award for the best wine book. Other projects include four Z-Guides (portable, wallet-sized cards): Oz Clarke's Winetasting; Oz Clarke's Wine and Food Matcher; Oz Clarke's Wine Vintages and Oz Clarke's Wine Finder. In addition to his books, Oz Clarke's Wine Guide CD-ROM is the world's best-selling multimedia wine program and has won several awards including the 1995 MacUser Editors' Choice Award, the 1998 Lanson Award for the audio-visual category, the 1999 Food Media Awards Silver Award and the 2002 Lanson Award for the best annual wine guide. A touchscreen version of Wine Guide forms the basis of the interactive wine information system at Vinopolis, City of Wine on London's Bankside.
- Author(s)Oz Clarke
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication07/11/2002
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown & Company
- Out-of-print date31/12/2009
- Content Note700 colour illustrations
- Weight2085 g
- Width250 mm
- Height302 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.