All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAre there any characters in literature more famous than Jeeves and Wooster? Along with Lord Emsworth, Ukridge, Psmith, Mr Mulliner, a host of Drones and a chorus of Aunts, they featured in nearly 100 tomes, which taken together, make their creator, Sir Pelham Grenville Wodehouse, the best loved and most famous writer of comedy in the English language. But what of the man himself? Donaldson, who first met Wodehouse in 1921, was given unique access to his most important private papers and her definitive biography paints an in-depth and affectionate picture of the man kwn to his friends as Plum . It covers his life from blissful school days at Dulwich, life in the City, early years writing for magazines to his love affair with Broadway and Hollywood, his time as a prisoner of war, his wartime broadcast from Berlin that had him wrongly branded a traitor for many years, and his final years in America.
- Author BiographyFrances Donaldson was an award-winning biographer. Her other books include The Marconi Scandal, Child of the Twenties, Evelyn Waugh: Portrait of a Country Neighbour, a biography of Edward VIII and a history of the Royal Opera House. She also edited Yours, Plum, a collection of Wodehouse's letters.
- Author(s)Frances Donaldson
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication13/03/2014
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAndre Deutsch Ltd
- Weight318 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine28 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.47Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.