All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionPAS proteins control numerous physiological and developmental events, and span phylogeny from bacteria to man. Bacterial and plant PAS proteins act as sensors of environmental stimuli, including light, oxygen, and energy status. Not surprising, given these roles, there is intense investigation of the roles of bHLH-PAS proteins in issues of human health including: (1) cancer induction, (2) cancer growth and vascularity, (3) birth defects, including Down syndrome, (4) appetite control and obesity, (5) sleep rhythm disorders, and (6) mental health disorders such as social interactions and learning. PAS proteins encompass many fields of biology, and scientists who work in these fields (circadian rhythms, oxygen regulation, toxin metabolism, bacterial sensors, and development) are an audience, particularly those who actively work on PAS proteins and researchers interested in transcriptional control, signal transduction, and evolution.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/10/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight433 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byStephen T. Crews
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2003
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.