All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will introduce n-molecular biologists to diagstic PCR-based te- logies for the detection of pathogens in foods. By the conclusion of this book, the reader should be able to: 1) understand the principles behind PCR including real-time; 2) kw the basics involved in the design, optimization, and imp- mentation of PCR in food microbiology lab setting; 3) interpret results; 4) kw limitations and strengths of PCR; and 5) understand the basic principles behind a new fledgling techlogy, microarrays and its potential applications in food microbiology. This book will provide readers with the latest information on PCR and microarray based tests and their application towards the detection of bacterial, protozoal and viral pathogens in foods. Figures, charts, and tables will be used, where appropriate, to help illustrate concepts or provide the reader with useful information or resources as an important starting point in bringing molecular diagstics into the food microbiology lab. This book is t designed to be a cookbook PCR manual with recipes and step-by-step instructions but rather serve as a primer or resource book for students, faculty, and other professionals interested in molecular biology and its integration into food safety. v Table of Contents Preface ...v Chapter 1. PCR Basics Amanda Fairchild, M. S. , Margie D. Lee DVM, Ph. D. , and John J. Maurer, Ph. D...1 Chapter 2. The Mythology of PCR: A Warning to the Wise John J. Maurer, Ph. D...27 Chapter 3.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/02/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleFood Microbiology and Food Safety
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note6 black & white tables, biography
- Weight248 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byJohn Maurer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2006
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.