All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe bestselling PC reference on the planet w available in its 13th edition Completely updated to cover the latest techlogy and software, the 13th edition of PCs For Dummies tackles using a computer in friendly, human terms. Focusing on the needs of the beginning computer user, while also targeting those who are familiar with PCs, but need to get up to speed on the latest version of Windows. This hands-on guide takes the dread out of working with a personal computer. Leaving painful jargon and confusing termilogy behind, it covers Windows 9 OS, connecting to and using services and data in the cloud, and so much more. Written by Dan Gookin, the original For Dummies author, it tells you how to make a PC purchase, what to look for in a new PC, how to work with the latest operating system, ways to protect your files, what you can do online, media management tips, and even basic topics you're probably too shy to ask a friend about. * Determine what you need in a PC and how to set it up * Configure your PC, hook up a printer, and connect to the Internet * Find your way around Windows 9 OS with ease and confidence * Play movies and music, view photos, and explore social media If you're a first-time PC user at home or at work or just need to brush up on the latest techlogical advancements, the new edition of this bestselling guide gets you up and running fast.
- Author BiographyDan Gookin is a gizmo geek who's been writing about technology for over 25 years. In 1991, his DOS For Dummies became the world's fastest-selling computer book and launched the For Dummies series. Dan's 130+ books have been translated into more than 30 languages. Visit his website at www.wambooli.com.
- Author(s)Dan Gookin,Sandra Geisler
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication25/12/2015
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight550 g
- Width188 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement13th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.