All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionMost manuals assume software testing is being performed as part of a well-defined, structured development cycle based on clearly stated requirements and standards. Unfortunately, this is t often the case in the real world. Indeed, the one true constant in software development is change. PDCA/TEST presents a continuous quality framework based on Dr. Edward Deming's famous rapid application spiral development model for quality through a continuous improvement process to promote effective testing methods in both structured and unstructured environments. William E. Lewis shows you Deming's spiral approach as an alternative to the traditional waterfall method. In the waterfall method, one set of predefined sequential steps is followed with clearly enumerated requirements. But the spiral approach is one where these rigid sequential steps may, to varying degrees, be either lacking or different as circumstances demand. Starting from this fundamental building block, Lewis shows you how to: * Apply the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) quality wheel to the software testing process * Integrate a continuous quality framework into all phases of software development, including requirements analysis, logical design, physical design, program unit design, and coding * And choose the right testing tool (such as Bender & Associates Softtest) for the right test. The book also details the spiral methodology for software testing broken down into parts, steps and tasks documented with extensive checklists, templates, and technical discussions. You will also learn to: * Master black box, white box and gray box testing * Incorporate continuous improvement into inspections and walkthroughs * Verify the logical design, physical design, program unit design, and coding phases * And more. In sum, PDCA/TEST: A Framework for Software Testing gives you all the tools and kwledge you need to assure quality software testing throughout all stages of development, matter how unstructured that process may wind up being.
- Author(s)William Lewis
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/1998
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note111 black & white tables
- Weight1628 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.