PM Crash Course for IT Professionals: Real-world Project Management Tools and Techniques for IT Initiatives by Rita Mulcahy, Martha Young (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $108.70+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $42.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionReal-world project management tools and techniques you can start using today! IT professionals are often faced with extremely challenging project deployments, as well as initiatives that are mission-critical to their organizations. For IT project managers, a strong understanding of the discipline of project management can be invaluable-both to success with individual projects and to their overall careers. However, most books and training materials on project management pay little or attention to the unique challenges IT project managers face. PM Crash Course(TM) for IT Professionals is full of project management tools that you can apply immediately to your IT projects-to deliver them on time, on budget, and with fewer headaches. Authored by world-rewned project management trainer Rita Mulcahy, this book will help you get your IT projects back on track using proven, real-world project management tools and techniques. This revolutionary Course in a Book(R) covers the basics of project management, including planning, scheduling, budgeting, and more. It also moves beyond the basics to cover a number of real-world project management tools and techniques for IT initiatives. The authors provide indispensable practical checklists, templates, and exercises to reinforce your learning of these concepts. The book includes dozens of tricks, insights, and contributions from real project managers sharing what has made a difference for them when managing real-world projects. If you are looking for easy-to-use tools and processes to make an immediate impact on your current IT project, PM Crash Course(TM) for IT Professionals is the resource for you. Rita Mulcahy, PMP, founder and CEO of RMC Project Management, is the most popular project management author in the world. Since 1991, hundreds of thousands of project managers have utilized her 30+ best-selling books and resources to expand their project management kwledge and further their careers. Real-World Issues Covered: * Understanding why IT projects fail---and preventing failure * Defining effective IT project charters and requirements * Organizing IT roadmaps into manageable projects * Capturing, creating, and using historical data * Establishing soft and hard project metrics and milestones * Defining project scope, and avoiding scope creep * Identifying and managing stakeholders and expectations * Choosing the right PM tools for your needs-including in-house, hosted, and cloud-based solutions
- Author BiographyRita Mulcahy, PMP, founder and CEO of RMC Project Management, is the most popular project management author in the world. Since 1991, hundreds of thousands of project managers have utilized her 30+ best-selling books and resources to expand their project management knowledge and further their careers. Martha L. Young is president and founder of Nova Amber, LLC, a virtual business consultancy specializing in business process virtualization strategies and methodologies. She has been engaged in the technology industry for nearly 20 years.
- Author(s)Martha Young,Rita Mulcahy
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication06/10/2009
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationIndianapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCisco Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width189 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.