Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis new study explores the history of cross-cultural performative encounters in the Pacific from the Eighteenth century to the present. It examines Western theatrical representations of Pacific cultures and investigates how Pacific Islanders used their own cultural performances to negotiate the colonial situation.
- Author BiographyCHRISTOPHER B. BALME is Professor of Theatre Studies at the University of Munich, Germany. His publications include The Reformation of Comedy, Decolonizing the Stage: Theatrical Syncretism and Post-Colonial Drama and Fusion Cultures (editor), amongst others.
- Author(s)Christopher B. Balme
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication14/11/2006
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudies in International Performance
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight495 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.