Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.94Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by virgi_76
- Est. delivery by 31 Jan
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe dark channels of money and power that flow beneath the surface of Australian society are perilous places. Behind the gossip columns and headlines, the famous names and celebrity makeovers, life is a precarious business. One wrong move spells disaster. For this is the world of the networkers. The games they play, the restaurants they frequent and the social circles they inhabit determine who is in and who is out. Who ends up very rich and who is bankrupt. Everyone is a diner, but who gets to share the crumbs and who ends up on the menu?..For years Graham Richardson, Trevor Kennedy and Rene Rivkin navigated these waters deftly, with a little secret help from their offshore advisor. The exposure of their Swiss accounts uncovered a world of secret share trading going back decades by a much wider group of players. This is a story of more than just three clever swimmers. It's a lifestyle...Since its first publication in 2006, Neil Cheweth's award-winning account of the rise and fall of the 1990s business networks has established itself as a classic. It moves from the stories behind the AMP power struggle to the secrets of the Fairfax takeover. There is inept maeuvring in the shrubbery, unpleasantness at The Toaster, Macquarie Bankers rampant, and private detectives behaving badly...Now updated with a new Epilogue, it remains, in the words of the Australian Financial Review Magazine, deeply cathartic and satisfying.
- Author BiographyFor the last decade, Neil Chenoweth has been one of Australia's leading investigative business writers. He is currently a journalist at the Australian Financial Review.
- Author(s)Neil Chenoweth
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationSt Leonards NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2007
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight510 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.