Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $25.73Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.79
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.72Trending at AU $29.63
About this product
- DescriptionThe swfields of the Antarctic are some of the coldest places on Earth - just how Paco likes it! Paco loves to skate and dreams of being a professional speed skater. He lays awake each night and imagines himself gliding across the rink doing what he loves - going fast as the crowd shouts his name. If only his parents would share in his passion. Paco becomes torn between his mother's wish for him to be So much more than just a fast penguin and his father's desire to teach him Ice hockey, a real penguin's sport. Can Paco find the courage to tell his parents how he feels - that he loves to race and that's what he wants to do? This book will encourage children to pursue their dreams whilst teaching them how to manage external expectations along the way. This story is told as a metaphor to read aloud to children and enjoy together. The vibrant illustrations and use of language draws children in to be part of the adventure, gently guiding them alongside the characters to get the message on a more personal level for them, to make their own meanings and take control of their own life situation - in their own way.
- Author BiographyBorn in London, Dave is the author of 23 books related to problem solving, performance and learning. Dave Diggle is a veteran of the sporting arena with over 30 years competitive and hands on experience. After representing Great Britain as both a Junior and Senior International Gymnast, Dave channelled his passion into teaching and writing. With a background as an elite performance coach, he has turned his attention to the psychological battles both parents and children face today. With international qualifications in Psychology, Neuro Linguistic Programming and cognitive and behavioural science, Dave is now dedicated to the development and education of our children, teachers, coaches and parents. Through his books, Dave offers a truly refreshing perspective as he redefines the meaning of effective communication, and offers a creative approach to how we can deal with the challenges of everyday life - to live with a peaceful mind and empowered spirit. Dave now lives in Sydney as a coach, trainer and educator, and regularly talks to young audiences.
- Author(s)David Mark Diggle
- PublisherDiggle De Doo Productions
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationCronulla, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintDiggle De Doo Productions
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight73 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine2 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.