All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionPaddles Up! provides an in-depth look at dragon boating from its beginnings in ancient China to the modern-day prominence of Canadian teams on the international scene, as told in the words of top coaches of men's and women's teams, experts and enthusiasts, and sports health professionals across Canada. Contributing writers include Mike Haslam, executive president International Dragon Boat Federation; Matthew Smith, president Dragon Boat Canada; Kamini Jain, Vancouver; Albert MacDonald, Halifax; Jamie Hollins, Pickering; Matt Robert, Montreal; and Jim Farintosh, Toronto. Through legends, history, and traditions, to paddling tips and mental readiness, and from choosing gear to exceptional achievements, a battery of Canadian dragon-boat tables share their considerable kwledge in one authoritative volume.
- Author BiographyArlene Chan is a third-generation Chinese Canadian who was born in Toronto and spent her early years in Old Chinatown, at Elizabeth and Dundas Streets, where she helped at her parents' restaurant. Her mother, Jean Lumb, was the first Chinese-Canadian woman to receive the Order of Canada. Arlene and her husband live in Toronto. Susan Humphries has been an avid dragon-boat paddler for the past ten years. She has competed in the European, North American, and World Club Crew Championships, and has been active in the goverance of the sport through her work with Dragon Boat Canada. She lives in Burlington.
- Author(s)Arlene Chan,Susan Humphries
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication25/05/2009
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight538 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.