All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPaediatric Nursing in Australia equips students with the essential skills and kwledge to become paediatric, child and youth health nurses across a variety of clinical and community settings. It prepares students for critical thinking and problem solving within this field by emphasising contemporary issues impacting on the health of children, young people and their families. Written by a team of experienced paediatric nurses, the content is based on themes that align with Australian standards of competence and expectations of paediatric nursing: communication, family involvement and evidence-based practice. Comprehensive yet concise, the text examines the integration of theoretical and clinical components of nursing kwledge. To enhance learning, chapters feature case studies, reflection points and learning activities. An essential resource for nursing students, this text is grounded in current care delivery and professional issues for care of the child to prepare future nurses for evidence-based practice in paediatric settings throughout Australia.
- Author BiographyJennifer Fraser is an Associate Professor of Sydney Nursing School at the University of Sydney. She has considerable research and clinical experience in child and family health, child health and development, and paediatric nursing. Donna Waters is the Associate Dean of Research and an Associate Professor of Sydney Nursing School at the University of Sydney. Originally a paediatric nurse, she has more than 25-years of experience in the management of nursing, medical and health service research. Elizabeth Forster is a Lecturer in the Faculty of Health at the Queensland University of Technology. Her clinical background and expertise spanned general acute paediatrics and paediatric intensive care nursing. She completed her Ph.D. from the University of Queensland, investigating parent and health professional perceptions of bereavement support surrounding the loss of a child. Nicola Brown is a Lecturer and Ph.D. candidate in the Faculty of Health at the University of Technology, Sydney. She has practiced as a registered nurse in Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom, with a focus on the acute care of children and staff development.
- Author(s)Donna Waters,Elizabeth Forster,Jennifer Fraser,Nicola Brown
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/09/2014
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight480 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.