All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionDo Pagan practices lead to an ecological approach to life? What is the role of magic in contemporary Paganism? How can ancient Pagan codes of behavior be applied today? Representing diverse arenas of Paganism, eleven established activists, authors and academics passionately debate the critical issues facing modern Pagans. These provocative discussions-exploring feminism, magickal ecology, ancient Egyptian ethics, political activism, globalization, the power of truth, sacred communities, and environmental spirituality -challenge readers to reconsider what it means to be Pagan in the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyLy (pronounced lî) de Angeles was first published in 1987, and she has had six books released worldwide to date. She has an international reputation as a psychic, teaches and lectures on many associated subjects, is an exponent of several martial arts and, currently, is an accredited Sensei in the art of Iaido, the Japanese art of the sword. Ly's main area of study over the past twenty years has been the history of the usurpation of indigenous people through invasion and subsequent colonization (mainly since the Roman Empire) and the history and mythology of Ireland and Britain in particular. She is known to be very outspoken on matters pertaining to the sustainability and guardianship of Earth and the rights of all species to self-determination. Ly has three adult children and a strong magical clan. She has lived in Byron Bay, Australia for the past 14 years. An initiated witch for over thirty years, she is High Priestess of the Coven of WildWood Gate. Emma (aka Bobcat) is the head of The Druid Network and former Joint Chief of the British Druid Order, priestess, author, poet, and singer. She is the author of many books on Druidry and ritual, as well as two collections of poetry. Emmas has also had numerous articles published in Pagan and Druid journals around the world. Working toward a Ph.D. at the Australian National University, Thom van Dooren (Australia) is researching philosophical and political issues in modern food production.
- Author(s)Emma Restall Orr,Ly De Angeles,Thom van Dooren
- PublisherLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication27/09/2005
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Place of PublicationMinnesota
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Out-of-print date28/09/2013
- Weight413 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.