All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor ages 12+. A strange encounter on a train transports young Peter back to the Middle Ages to take part in a mystery play where the actors become the characters they portray. Peter believes he has been brought there to counter an unearthly, menacing influence, but a succession of terrifying experiences leads him to suspect that he might be destined to cause the disaster he is trying to avert. He needs courage to face the crisis and intelligence to solve the mystery. Dennis Hamley -- author of over 50 books -- tells a rousing tale; his kwledge of medieval drama gives an extraordinary power to 'Pageants of Despair'.
- Author BiographyDennis Hamley was born in 1935. He read English at Cambridge University and until 1992 was teacher and lecturer. In that year he retired early to become a full-time writer. Pageants of Despair was his first novel, published in 1974. He lives with his wife in Hertford, England. His new novel, Ellen's People, is published in the UK by Walker Books.
- Author(s)Dennis Hamley
- PublisherPaul Dry Books, Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2006
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPaul Dry Books, Inc
- Weight281 g
- Width200 mm
- Height125 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $49.51Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.