Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.40+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWomen today t only deserve but should expect a pain-free, active lifestyle, matter their age, matter their previous experience. Pain Free for Women In his famed San Diego clinic, Pete Egoscue has taught women of all ages and from all walks of life how to use the Egoscue Method for safe, effective, and permanent relief from chronic pain without prescription painkillers, physical therapy, or invasive surgery. Now he shares his specially adapted Pain Free program for women to use at home. Whether you suffer from back or neck pain, joint discomfort or sore knees, or need more stamina, improved balance, and extra strength, here is a revolutionary and proven approach to self-care that promises optimal health through a simple set of exercises that will transform the way you move and feel forever! Egoscue shows women how to take back their bodies by recovering and restoring a precious health asset full, free, flexible motion that he believes has been drastically reduced by our modern lifestyle. As Egoscue explains, motion t only develops a woman s body but also maintains and rejuvenates it. Yet as her motion-deprived muscles disengage and weaken, it is common for a woman s body to lose alignment, leading to repetitive stress injuries, persistent pain, and general bad health. Even the simplest activities how she sits, stands, walks, works, lifts, and sleeps can trigger problems. Focusing on proper alignment, posture, and muscle engagement, Egoscue provides simple but powerful techniques to restore flexibility and function while at the same time boosting energy, revving up the immune system, even raising the body s metabolic rate. The remarkable E-cises included within have also been linked to improved ability to fight disease, cope with aging, and recover from accidents and injuries. The miracle cure Egoscue offers is, simply, correct motion. Organized by the seasons of a woman s life, Pain Free for Women pays particular attention to age-specific concerns such as puberty, childbirth, and mepause, as well as special issues such as arthritis, PMS, and depression. At the same time, Egoscue shows how women can build a framework of healthy movement that will prevent illness and maintain pain-free good health throughout the journey of life. According to Egoscue, reversing the effects of poor musculoskeletal fitness provides astonishing benefits, including: Better balance, posture, and breathing, as well as increased resiliency Effective and safe weight management Healthy bone density and visual acuity Heightened sex drive Delayed symptoms of aging Peace of mind and general tranquility Extensively illustrated to demonstrate proper placement, posture, and movement, Pain Free for Women offers women of every age the possibility of feeling better than ever before. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyAn anatomical functionalist, Pete Egoscue, founder of The Egoscue Method Clinic in San Diego, has been practicing and perfecting his Pain Free method since 1971. He helps more than 25,000 people a year recover from chronic pain. Roger Gittines lives in Washington, D.C. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Pete Egoscue,Roger Gittines
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication27/02/2004
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight690 g
- Width151 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.