Pain Relief Without Drugs: A Self-Help Guide for Chronic Pain and Trauma by Jan Sadler (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.83Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.50+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1989, following surgery for a back injury, Jan Sadler was left in constant pain, with hope of any further conventional treatment and adequate prescription drug therapy. Rather than settle for a life of chronic suffering, she gave up her career teaching English and began an investigation into the self-treatment of her pain. Building on her skills as a teacher, she incorporated the pain management techniques she discovered into programs that would help other sufferers learn how to cope with pain and find truly effective relief from its debilitating effects. Sadler shows how we can reduce pain's grip by changing our personal reactions to the pain we are feeling. Chronic pain keeps our attention fixed firmly on our anguish, which then feeds the painful reaction back into our perception of being in pain, creating a vicious cycle. By allowing our reaction to become one of relaxation and acceptance, the pain is dramatically lessened, both by the absence of a negative perception and by the infusion of relaxation into the point of pain. In Pain Relief without Drugs, Sadler provides easy-to-use self-help techniques that offer support and understanding in breaking pain's cycle--from relaxation, visualization, and breathing techniques to setting goals, building self-esteem, and coping with pain flare-ups. The author's 25 years of coping with her own pain and 16 years of teaching pain management techniques result in a book that is filled with practical activities and possibilities for a better life. The book is accompanied by a 55-minute CD narrated by the author of key techniques for controlling pain.
- Author BiographyJan Sadler is author and coordinator of the highly successful PainSupport website (www.painsupport.co.uk) and the author of Peaceful Sleep and The Five Feel-Good Factors. Her pain management programs have been adopted by pain and stress management clinics in hospitals and by support groups throughout the world. She lives in England.
- Author(s)Jan Sadler
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication30/01/2007
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintHealing Arts Press
- Content Note6 b&w illustrations
- Weight311 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Edition, First U.S. Edition of Natural Pain Relief
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.