Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMedical research has shown that pain resides in both the body and the mind, and that how you focus your attention and awareness can make all the difference. With Pain Relief, Shinzen Young teaches listeners how to step outside of pain through traditional meditation practices. Drawing from 20 years of results in the field, this widely respected teacher offers a practical program to address both chronic and short-term pain, possibly reducing the need for drugs or surgery. Step-by-step techniques taught in plain language show how to overcome internal resistance, the key to transforming physical pain into a flow of pure energy. Includes four guided practices that listeners can use anywhere.
- Author BiographyShinzen YoungShinzen Young became fascinated with Asian culture while a teenager in Los Angeles. Later he enrolled in a PhD program in Buddhist Studies at the University of Wisconsin. Eventually, he went to Asia and did extensive training in each of the three major Buddhist traditions: Vajrayana, Zen and Vipassana. Upon returning to the United States, his academic interests shifted to the burgeoning dialogue between Eastern meditation and Western science. Shinzen is known for his innovative interactive, algorithmic approach to mindfulness, a system specifically designed for use in pain management, recovery support, and as an adjunct to psychotherapy. He leads meditation retreats throughout North America and has helped establish numerous mindfulness centers and programs. He also consults widely on meditation-related research, in both the clinical and the basic science domains. He often says: My life s passion lies in exploring what may arise from the cross-fertilization of the best of the East with the best of the West.
- Author(s)Shinzen Young
- PublisherSounds True Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2004
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationLouisville, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSounds True Inc
- Weight91 g
- Width124 mm
- Height142 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Running Time75
- Edition Statementabridged edition
Best-selling in Audio Books
- AU $46.19New
- AU $27.30New
- AU $31.50New
- AU $14.52New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $47.28Trending at AU $51.08
- AU $38.88Trending at AU $47.27
- AU $18.49Trending at AU $20.20
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $36.91
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $17.42Trending at AU $20.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.