Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionOil paint has tremendous versatility, from the dilute and transparent glaze or wash, through to the thick impasto mark. Reir employed the whole range of paint qualities and this is one of the most valuable reasons for studying his work. Every artist, beginner or expert, is inspired by the work of the great artists that have gone before, and one of the most enjoyable ways to learn painting is to study their work in detail. The Paint Like series unlocks the secrets of some of the most inspirational painters of all time, revealing their techniques and giving today's artists the confidence and skills they need to take their work to the next level. This is the second book in the series.
- Author BiographyDamian Callan was born in London in 1960. He initially trained as a scientist, before choosing to work with people with disabilities. He went on to study painting at Edinburgh College of Art, and became particularly interested in the moving figure. Now he uses his wife and four children as models for his drawings and paintings of figures in action on Scotland's West Coast. He has a studio in Edinburgh where he teaches classes, as well as at The National Gallery and Leith School of Art. He also writes for Artists and Illustrators Magazine.
- Author(s)Damian Callan
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication26/01/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLewes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date13/12/2016
- Weight684 g
- Width211 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.