All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLEARNING HOW TO CAPTURE SUCH QUALITY HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER! Inside you'll find guidelines for rendering accurate skin tones in a variety of media, including watercolor, oil and pastel. You'll begin with a review of the five essential painting elements (drawing, value, color, composition and edges), then learn how light and color influence the appearance of skin tones. Best-selling artist Chris Saper provides the advice and examples that make every lesson and technique easy to understand-immediately improving the quality of your work. You'll discover how to:* Paint the four major skin color groups (Caucasian, African American, Asian, and Hispanic)* Refine these colors into dozens of possible variations within each group* Select your palette and mix hues for clean, beautiful colors* Determine the color and temperature of light that falls on your subject* Paint direct and indirect sunlight, artificial light and highlights of light* Master the four elements that determine color in shadow* Use photographic references when you can't paint directly from lifeYou'll also find seven step-by-step demonstrations and an appendix of sample color charts for each major skin type under a range of lighting variations. It's all you need to bring your portraits to life!
- Author BiographyChris Saper is a portrait painter, teacher and author of Painting Beautiful Skin Tones With Color & Light, as well as four artistsnetwork.tv DVD workshops on painting portraits in oil. As a faculty member of the Portrait Society of America, she has participated in many classes, panels, critiques and countless portfolio reviews, developing a solid insight into the obstacles that keep artists from seeing and painting skin tones well. She has written and self-published two books designed to support workshop courses she's developed, For Love or Money: A Business Handbook for Portrait Painters and Mostly Monochrome: Six Step-by-Step Demonstrations.
- Author(s)Chris Saper
- PublisherF&W Publications Inc
- Date of Publication27/03/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Light Books
- Content Note300 colour illustrations
- Weight535 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Most relevant reviews
- kit081116 Jun, 2016by
Easy to read and understand technique
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.