All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title shows you how to draw and paint the human form, portraits and landscapes, with step-by-step tutorials and practice projects from professional artists. You can master anatomy and perspective, and learn how to capture the textures, form and hues of fabric, hair and skin, creating poses and bringing out character. This title helps you learn the techniques required for painting skies, water, foliage and other elements of the landscape. It includes tips on working with all types of media, including pastels, oils, acrylics, gouache and pencils. With expert tips, inspiring teaching and more than 1600 photographs, this book offers everything you need to create your own successful works of art. These two books offer a complete practical guide to the art of painting. A Masterclass in Drawing and Painting the Human Figure guides students through human anatomy and posture to advanced techniques in capturing personality and life in portraits and character studies, and A Masterclass in Drawing and Painting Landscapes provides an essential understanding of natural forms such as foliage, clouds and the movement of water. Both titles contain galleries of professional art, guides to equipment and step-by-step tutorials. With over 1600 photographs and artworks, this is an essential boxed set for every new artist.
- Author BiographySarah Hoggett is a former Editorial Director of a London publishing house, and now works as a freelance writer specializing in practical art and photography titles. Vincent Milne studied Fine Art at Goldsmith's College, London, and later at the Royal Academy Schools. He teaches portraiture and figure drawing and painting, and exhibits internationally. Abigail Edgar has designed and run art courses in London and Italy, and worked on several series of practical art magazines for adults and children.
- Author(s)Abigail Edgar,Sarah Hoggett,Vincent Milne
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication16/10/2012
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Note1600
- Weight1860 g
- Width168 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Contained items statement2 Hardbacks
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.